RoP with ToS Trinkets

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Purplefrost

RoP with ToS Trinkets

Unread postby Purplefrost Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am

Something that has been coming up a lot in the fire discussion is how RoP is simming absurdly high when you have either the Sentinel or Terror trinkets equipped, or both if you're that lucky. Does anyone have any idea why this is? Is there possibly something wrong in the SimC APL when it comes to the trinket procs and being combined with RoP as a talent choice, or is it truly flat out the highest dps talent when you have one or both of those trinkets? All thoughts and theory's are welcome, because I am truly perplexed and cannot seem to get results from the RoP build with my Terror trinket equipped.
Smaiki

Re: RoP with ToS Trinkets

Unread postby Smaiki Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 am

That's because RoP (and IF) also increase the damage effects of named trinkets while Mirror Images do not.
Terror + RoP is of course a bit RNG because it's a random damage proc which has to occur when you use RoP. IF may be a better choice and is nowadays also often used.
Sentinel + RoP can be easily managed as it's a use trinket. RoP + Trinket Use + Comb + 2. RoP as it's a 20s buff and go crazy!
CaliFireMage

Re: RoP with ToS Trinkets

Unread postby CaliFireMage Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:05 pm

oh wow, Im glad I read this and checked my own mage. ROP is now crazy high in simdps, like a +32K gain for me. Just got the 915 OWL of the Old Gods yesterday.

And I havent used it in so long, time to practice!

Return to “Fire”