Ask Mr. Robot? Anyone else use?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
pyrotonic

Ask Mr. Robot? Anyone else use?

Unread postby pyrotonic Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi, I been using AMR BiS finder and getting strange results. Every guide Ive read states crit should be the lowest value. AMR just keeps piling up crit. Even with firestarter and belt selected it wants to drop t20 4p and stack crit. I test it on a dummy and yep, its a dps loss. What is goin on?

Also, it does not appear to be calculating my INT properly. It off by over 2k. Is AMR just trash or what?
Attachments
AMR(2).jpg
Xinder

Re: Ask Mr. Robot? Anyone else use?

Unread postby Xinder Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi, I been using AMR BiS finder and getting strange results. Every guide Ive read states crit should be the lowest value. AMR just keeps piling up crit. Even with firestarter and belt selected it wants to drop t20 4p and stack crit. I test it on a dummy and yep, its a dps loss. What is goin on?

Also, it does not appear to be calculating my INT properly. It off by over 2k. Is AMR just trash or what?
Try using raidbots.com. Helpful user interface like AMR but raidbots uses SIMC in the background instead of whatever AMR has been trying to do all these years.
Murm

Unread postby Murm Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 am

I tried AMR once back when i was frost. it suggested i break my tier bonus for something 20 ilvl's higher. Actual sims showed this to be about a 50k dps loss, like not even close. So needless to say i didn't bother using it again.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:12 am

AMR and Icy-veins were maybe useful 2 expansions ago. Just use the simcraft software or raidbots. I only recently started using raidbots for "top gear" (best in bags) and the results have been very consistent with logs/performance.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Breit

Unread postby Breit Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:10 pm

You should use the Best In Bags feature only as a rough estimate. With AMR, you should always use the simulation tool. It provides very accurate results. The Best In Bags tool calculates its result in just a few seconds, which is definitely not enough time to sim all possible permutations of your gear, hence it gives you just a rough estimate.

Just press the "Simulate this Setup" button, change presets to your liking and simulate; then change gear as you would normally do and simulate again and compare...

Return to “Fire”