Exactly how Legendary dependent is Fire for ST?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Zhaoxin

Exactly how Legendary dependent is Fire for ST?

Unread postby Zhaoxin Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Just wanted to make sure I'm not crazy.

I'm a new-ish tranfer to the spec. So we recently downed H Fel Hounds, and I checked my logs and I had a grey parse. That's kind of weird of for me, even on bad pulls, so I checked my DPS for the fight and it was around 980K. I simmed myself with my new gear (I have the Phoneix Flames gloves and Shard for reference) and it put me around that same number (990K or so)

Is me not having the bracers that big of a slam to my single-target DPS? There were definitely points where I could've done better, but overall I was pretty happy with my performance on that pull. Am I missing some crucial information that would relate the issue back to my performance?

Thanks!
Rhennthyl

Re: Exactly how Legendary dependent is Fire for ST?

Unread postby Rhennthyl Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 pm

More or less, not having the bracers has a very large impact. I just ran some sims on my character with a few different legendary setups (bracers/belt, bracers/shard, shard/belt, and gloves/shard being the most relevant) show your legendary setup at 9.6% DPS loss (approx. 131k DPS) from bracers/belt and bracers/shard (they're roughly equal for me, like 0.1% (1.7k DPS) difference). The shard+belt simmed the best of all the bracer-less combinations for me, with only a 5.7% loss, so I'd recommend that combination if you have it.

Here are the sims, if you're interested.

It could also have to do with itemization/gear. For me, Kindling is currently worse than Meteor by approximately 20k dps, and I have a large amount of crit (approximately 54% with Critical Mass) for the Meteor build that I'm currently running. If you have a relatively low amount of crit and relatively high amounts of haste/mastery/versatility and are running Kindling, that will also hurt your DPS.
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm

Competitive dps for fire requires bracers and either Belt/Ring and possibly gloves.

Doing sufficient dps, doesn't require bracers, but it's nice to have 2 of those 4.

Just remember that you may also not have Tier bonuses or other things that everyone else already has.
Zhaoxin

Unread postby Zhaoxin Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:23 am

More or less, not having the bracers has a very large impact. I just ran some sims on my character with a few different legendary setups (bracers/belt, bracers/shard, shard/belt, and gloves/shard being the most relevant) show your legendary setup at 9.6% DPS loss (approx. 131k DPS) from bracers/belt and bracers/shard (they're roughly equal for me, like 0.1% (1.7k DPS) difference). The shard+belt simmed the best of all the bracer-less combinations for me, with only a 5.7% loss, so I'd recommend that combination if you have it.

Here are the sims, if you're interested.

It could also have to do with itemization/gear. For me, Kindling is currently worse than Meteor by approximately 20k dps, and I have a large amount of crit (approximately 54% with Critical Mass) for the Meteor build that I'm currently running. If you have a relatively low amount of crit and relatively high amounts of haste/mastery/versatility and are running Kindling, that will also hurt your DPS.
Thank you so much for this! All of this was beyond helpful so I appreciate it. I'll try simming myself a few different ways and see how things turn out.
Burnthemall

Unread postby Burnthemall Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 pm

TOP parses for dogs depends on your tactic. If you stack dogs for a while and put heroism your dps will go up rapidly. If your tactic is spread the dogs form the beggining your parses will be all the time bad.
Nooksi

Unread postby Nooksi Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:46 pm

TOP parses for dogs depends on your tactic. If you stack dogs for a while and put heroism your dps will go up rapidly. If your tactic is spread the dogs form the beggining your parses will be all the time bad.
Nothing to brag about, but i parsed with my very semioptimal gear on regular spread doggies as seen below:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Xz ... amage-done

Shoulders were 970 at the time and no relevant set boni were active.

Return to “Fire”