New to fire. Need advice.

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
orney

New to fire. Need advice.

Unread postby orney Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Hello! After 12 years of rogue I decided to somehow change the spectrum of my dps playstyle and switched to Fire.
As of now, I am 467 ilvl (however without bis trinkets, bracers and azerite pieces) and plan to mainly focus on mythic+.

- I've been watching Preheet's videos a lot, tried to adapt my rotation to what he does in dungeons.
- However when I went to do some 14-15 keys with friends to warm up (pun intended), I was unable to pull more than 40-45k overall.
- What I did was pretty much choosing one big mob in a pack and using my ST rotation on him with Ignite cleave+Meteor and Living Bomb the rest.

I thought the problem was stats. Many sources say Mastery is the way to go for cleave situations. Yet simming my character via Hectic and DungeonSlice says I should focus on Haste.
So the question is. What are my main priorities in order to improve now? What should I focus at and how do I start doing more dps?

My character:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ll/orneige

All help will be appreciated. Thank you beforehand.
Erabustion

Re: New to fire. Need advice.

Unread postby Erabustion Tue May 12, 2020 11:59 am

So big thing to know about fire is it’s incredibly dependant on Blaster Master traits to really come online. You really need 3 ASAP and at that point you can start doing your ST rotation on mob packs but your damage will still be fairly low outside of combust so be forewarned.

After you get your 3 blaster masters I’d focus on bracers (hard farm workshop however you can, they’re BiS regardless of ilvl) and then farm font of power from azshara and pretty well any other on use intellect trinket. You really start seeing fire shine once you have all these things. It’s absurdly reliant on items/traits/essences to bring the spec online properly so don’t expect crazy numbers till these bases are covered. The thing you need to know is fire is entirely dependant on combusts. Your damage is going to be pretty anemic outside of that CD even with proper gearing so a) you need to make sure you perform your combust rotation properly and b) your group kinda needs to play around that cd to make proper use of your class.

It’s extremely tedious gearing everything up for fire but extremely satisfying once it gets there. If you watch preheet, I’m pretty sure he does viewer raids for Font so que up and GL :)

Return to “Fire”