[All ilvls] Akraen's Gearing Priority Flowchart

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Magictheo

Re: [All ilvls] Akraen's Gearing Priority Flowchart

Unread postby Magictheo Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello Flameburn.

I take a quick look at your gear and here is my advice.

The 4pc Set Bonus isn´t so good to leave the wf pieces in your bag. So wear both of them, go to amr and edit the weights to 50% haste (14242). So you stay up with the 2pc Set Bonus, 1 sec gcd and got a lot of mastery which increase your damage. Next step will be a upgrade for your pboi trinket, which is the bis item for frostmage.

Hope this will help you!

Here my advice with link http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/14d2 ... 7db7e30b31
flameburn

Unread postby flameburn Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Thank you! Sorry for taking this long in answering.

I've seen an improvement over the last raids. I even got into a raiding guild, and got a few upgrades =p

Got rid of the 4piece and use currently Normal Head, Gloves and Legs, until I can get a better Leg or Head item.

I have a question, why does AMR value 4TP so highly to the point where it recommends using Normal Chest Piece instead of Normal (not warforged) Mantid Vizier Robes?
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:30 pm

I have no idea - that must be a Zoopercat question. I'll try to find you an answer.

Regardless, I believe it to be wrong. Some new data suggests it might be break-even to wear 4pc in strictly single target fights (so Iron Juggernaut).
Gnimgog

Unread postby Gnimgog Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello all,

I've been following Akraen's work for quite some time now, and find it's been the best to follow. So firstly thank you Akraen for such a brilliant and informative guide to frost mages.

My question is this:

I am currently running 16479 haste (Ilvl 547). Using PBoI LFR 4/4 upgrade. I have an LFR KTT in my bank atm (I can easily 4/4 upgrade it). Should I be trading out my normal BotH 2/2 upgrade for the 4/4 LFR KTT? Dropping my haste by 1581, but it will still be above the 14242 breakpoint. Or would I be best waiting until I get BBoY of any Ilvl in the aim to keep above the 15832 NT breakpoint?

My original intent is to follow the Haste build side of the guide. But if sticking to 14242 until I can actually reach 18960 is the better choice (especially in relation to the trinket choices) I will drop down to that point and be patient :P.

Thanks for the help,

Gnimgog

p.s. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... gog/simple" target="_blank
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Hello all,

I've been following Akraen's work for quite some time now, and find it's been the best to follow. So firstly thank you Akraen for such a brilliant and informative guide to frost mages.

My question is this:

I am currently running 16479 haste (Ilvl 547). Using PBoI LFR 4/4 upgrade. I have an LFR KTT in my bank atm (I can easily 4/4 upgrade it). Should I be trading out my normal BotH 2/2 upgrade for the 4/4 LFR KTT? Dropping my haste by 1581, but it will still be above the 14242 breakpoint. Or would I be best waiting until I get BBoY of any Ilvl in the aim to keep above the 15832 NT breakpoint?

My original intent is to follow the Haste build side of the guide. But if sticking to 14242 until I can actually reach 18960 is the better choice (especially in relation to the trinket choices) I will drop down to that point and be patient :P.

Thanks for the help,

Gnimgog

p.s. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... gog/simple" target="_blank
Hey there - this is an odd situation so I am glad you came by to ask for clarification! My guide can't cover every exact situation with perfect clarity so that's why we have forums :)

Anyway, I would without a doubt move to the KTT and let that haste go. A 14242-based mixture build will suit you the absolute best and if you'd like to move up to 18960 (ideally 19347 since it's close), just wait until you can snag some more gear.

If you manage to get a Flex or better BBoY though go ahead and go for the haste - it's nice finding people who enjoy the haste build and I'm very happy that it has been vindicated in simcraft as well (particularly for multiple targets).
Magictheo

Unread postby Magictheo Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 am

Hey!

With my actual gear i have two possibilities to play.

50% haste, 60,19 % mastery, 2pc

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/a9b6 ... 97eba02f94

or 62,49 % haste, 48,92 % mastery and no set parts

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/dd08 ... 22fbceeaf9

What should i do?
Charmander!

Unread postby Charmander! Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Always use 2pc.
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:56 pm

I have recently swith to a Mastery build, with 25% crit. I found kind of good in fact. I can even run with Frost Bomb without having to refresh it every 3s. But my haste is still low for the moment.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:59 pm

I have recently swith to a Mastery build, with 25% crit. I found kind of good in fact. I can even run with Frost Bomb without having to refresh it every 3s. But my haste is still low for the moment.
Frost Bomb can drive you straight into a padded cell at high haste values. Trust me... I experimented 29150 haste and Frost Bomb once... I wanted to throw my monitor out the window.
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Frost Bomb can drive you straight into a padded cell at high haste values. Trust me... I experimented 29150 haste and Frost Bomb once... I wanted to throw my monitor out the window.
Spell stealing the haste buff from the celestials..

cringe
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Clearly, Frost bomb is unplayable after 100% haste. Or to play with only 2 buttons : Frost Bomb and FFB. That could result in some hilarious damage.
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 pm

If we get 8 more item levels for any reason I will have a pretty insane frostbomb idea :P
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:52 pm

If we get 8 more item levels for any reason I will have a pretty insane frostbomb idea :P
What what, I don't like surprise :twisted:
Coldsnapz

Unread postby Coldsnapz Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:42 pm

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... apz/simple

Thats my Armory link could you tell me if i should stay as it is or change anything

Return to “Frost”