[7.2] Frost Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legendary

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Xinder

Re: [7.1.5] Frost Talents, Trinkets, Racials, Stats, Legenda

Unread postby Xinder Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but how have you guys done at working back to 33% crit? After 7.1.5 all my frost gear ended up getting me was less crit so I'm below 30% and the haste loss from Frost Armor combined with the stat squish put me at 24% haste. I keep grinding for gear upgrades but so much stuff doesn't have haste crit or has crit mastery and I already have 46% mastery or something like that. I want less of it damnit and the Tier pieces aren't helping there either.
Venno

Unread postby Venno Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:54 am

I don't know about anyone else, but how have you guys done at working back to 33% crit? After 7.1.5 all my frost gear ended up getting me was less crit so I'm below 30% and the haste loss from Frost Armor combined with the stat squish put me at 24% haste. I keep grinding for gear upgrades but so much stuff doesn't have haste crit or has crit mastery and I already have 46% mastery or something like that. I want less of it damnit and the Tier pieces aren't helping there either.
Not much luck here. I'm at 27.5% crit, 20% haste and 37.6% mastery, although with hellfire trinket my crit fluctuates between 28/31% in combat.

Tbh the haste loss hurts the most in how the playstyle feels. I went into a wpvp zone and had the 8% haste from the pvp talent, felt so much better to play. Then I compare to when I had 45% haste and feel sad.
Articon

Unread postby Articon Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:41 am

How do people feel about the Comet Storm buff?
Searix

Unread postby Searix Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 am

a trinket comparison for my character

Use this if you want to make your own: http://pastebin.com/kNjvgY1U" target="_blank
Frosted

Unread postby Frosted Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Updated everything for 1/24/2017.
Venno

Unread postby Venno Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 am

Interesting updates.
thepaan

Unread postby thepaan Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Why does Zann's+AG sim lower than Zann's alone?

Also, I suspect the 4 target stacked dps list is a bit misleading; what is the scenario where 4 targets are stacked for over 5 minutes? Wouldn't it be better to have a 30-45 second fight to simulate M+ trash / boss adds? Downtime between AoE windows would mean cooldowns have time to reset, and bursty builds should actually get more damage in before mobs die.
Last edited by thepaan on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:15 pm

Why does Zann's+AG sim lower than Zann's alone?
With AG, the APL casts Blizzard on cooldown and that can be a DPS loss for some profiles (like the NH mythic profile used to generate these numbers).
Winkers

Unread postby Winkers Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Hey @frosted. I know when you did your initial trinket sims, you forgot Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire. Did you again? Or, does it sim so poorly that it isn't on the Trinket list?
Muphrid

Unread postby Muphrid Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:49 am

Are the trinket ilvls used the same as in the previous set of sims? There is not much information here, and the trinket sims do not seem to be in the dropbox link.
Searix

Unread postby Searix Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:42 am

Are the trinket ilvls used the same as in the previous set of sims? There is not much information here, and the trinket sims do not seem to be in the dropbox link.
http://pastebin.com/kNjvgY1U" target="_blank

use the copy stuff at the bottom
masteryogurt

Unread postby masteryogurt Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Wondering if anyone can answer,

At what point in regards to number of targets/aoe does blizzard have a higher priority over things like FoF.

All the material I've been reading doesn't specify, just says to blizzard if 2+ targets if you've got no procs available to use.
Jics

Unread postby Jics Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:27 pm

hey guys, just checking if anyone else is experiencing the same thing about shatter cap.

The shatter cap is 33.33%~33.34%, however, it seems that sims devalues crit slightly before the cap. Specifically around 31.XX%

I havent been able to figure out the exact figure but im wondering if anyone else sims the same or is this profile specific?

So far, for me; i have been at 10500 crit rating which makes crit the top stat (excluding INT/SP) while being at 10571 crit rating currently makes it fall below vers and haste. 10571 rating is at 31.43% crit, i.e 97.145% after shatter.

these sims were done progressively as i attained more gear , it was observable that at any given ilvl (currently 885, not sure if this changes at higher gear levels) crit always falls after 31.XX%.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Wondering if anyone can answer,

At what point in regards to number of targets/aoe does blizzard have a higher priority over things like FoF.

All the material I've been reading doesn't specify, just says to blizzard if 2+ targets if you've got no procs available to use.
That might be back when blizzard ticks could generate FoF charges, that is no longer the case. The FO CD is reduced by blizzard instead of granting FoF charges. So you can safely do as it says and Blizzard at 2+ targets. Then do your best to keep that on CD as the amount of 2+ targets stays available while FO on CD when it's back up. You don't want to sit on 3 FoF charges ever but if you're only at 1 charge and your blizzard is off CD it's not going to hurt to Blizzard first before fishing for more FoF or use pet freeze/water jet or FO if it's also off CD. You just don't want to do anything that will generate FoF if you're already at 3.
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:11 pm

hey guys, just checking if anyone else is experiencing the same thing about shatter cap.

The shatter cap is 33.33%~33.34%, however, it seems that sims devalues crit slightly before the cap. Specifically around 31.XX%

I havent been able to figure out the exact figure but im wondering if anyone else sims the same or is this profile specific?

So far, for me; i have been at 10500 crit rating which makes crit the top stat (excluding INT/SP) while being at 10571 crit rating currently makes it fall below vers and haste. 10571 rating is at 31.43% crit, i.e 97.145% after shatter.

these sims were done progressively as i attained more gear , it was observable that at any given ilvl (currently 885, not sure if this changes at higher gear levels) crit always falls after 31.XX%.
This is really just a result of how SimC does stat scaling. It takes the actor you're simming, gives it another ~1300 crit/haste/mastery/versatility/intellect, sims it again and compares the numbers. So if you're only 600 crit away from shatter cap, the stat scaling will overshoot and give you more than you need for shatter cap.

You can sim your gear manually, but if you still want stat weights, you have two options: try scaling with "center scale delta" enabled and if that doesn't help, reduce the stats of your actor manually to be ~1300 crit under shatter cap and then calculate stat weights. This should still give you reasonable approximation of the value of crit under shatter cap.
Seprest

Unread postby Seprest Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:46 am

If reforge plots are still a thing, those can be very accurate.
Jics

Unread postby Jics Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:27 am

This is really just a result of how SimC does stat scaling. It takes the actor you're simming, gives it another ~1300 crit/haste/mastery/versatility/intellect, sims it again and compares the numbers. So if you're only 600 crit away from shatter cap, the stat scaling will overshoot and give you more than you need for shatter cap.

You can sim your gear manually, but if you still want stat weights, you have two options: try scaling with "center scale delta" enabled and if that doesn't help, reduce the stats of your actor manually to be ~1300 crit under shatter cap and then calculate stat weights. This should still give you reasonable approximation of the value of crit under shatter cap.
Thank you Norrinir, not doubting you, but is there any source for this that i can read up on?

Seems pretty counter productive, makes finding break points that much tougher. Why dont they just do without it altogether?
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:58 am

You can poke around the source code to confirm that's how it's done.

"Why dont they just do without it altogether?" is a weird question. How else would you do this? You're basically trying to find the derivative of a function f(x) = "DPS with x amount of stat" and to do that for a function like this, you need to pick one or two points above/below. If you pick points too far apart, you're getting the problem we're talking about, if you pick points that are too close, the DPS delta will be small and mostly dominated by the randomness.

So this really is just a compromise that is "good enough".

edit: And as far as breakpoints are concerned, SimC already offers a tool (or two) for this: stat scaling plots (and reforge plots).
Seprest

Unread postby Seprest Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Thank you Norrinir, not doubting you, but is there any source for this that i can read up on?

Seems pretty counter productive, makes finding break points that much tougher. Why dont they just do without it altogether?
You can use plots and set the interval to as low as 25 IIRC, do this!
Jics

Unread postby Jics Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:58 am

thank you both! appreciate it :)

Return to “Frost”