7.1.0 Glacial Spike T19M Profile and Spec Explanation

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Potaetoe

7.1.0 Glacial Spike T19M Profile and Spec Explanation

Unread postby Potaetoe Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:42 pm

This post is outdated for 7.1.5, please use Razlopp's post linked below for 7.1.5 specific information
https://www.altered-time.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=3635

Before you read further please note the following items:
  • Information listed in this post are based around a T19M profile (ilvl 880).
    The apl provided will not include any optimizations for Multi-target Encounters.
    This spec will most likely be nerfed if there is a lot of really high parses.
    If you decide to gear, spec, and gain Artifact Power for this spec you are doing so at your own risk.

Are you sick of playing Fire? Is Arcane Stat Math just tooo difficult for you? Would you like a spec where you just spam frost bolt and then cast an ability that does millions of damage a cast? Yes?

Well then this is just the spec for you!
Table of Contents Spec Overview
With the theatrics and disclaimers out of the way, lets be very clear as to what a Glacial Spike build does. It casts Frostbolt to build Icicles. These icicles damage specifically contributes to Glacial Spike's damage. Icicle damage is directly related to Frostbolt Damage Done, the player's Mastery, Talents that effect Icicle damage, and Artifact traits that effect Icicle damage. While the main rotation of the build consists mostly of Frost Bolt into Glacial Spike, there are other spells cast because of their Damage Per Execute Time. This spec should excel at Single Target and 2T Cleave. This spec will most likely not excel on ranged 2T encounters (Dragons) or any Multitarget Encounters (Eviltree).

Talent Setup
Tier 1 : Level 15
  • Bone Chilling is a good talent. It's the most consistent dps increase.
  • Lonely Winter is a good talent. And certain breakpoints, like the current apl, it will be the best talent. Sim yourself for this tier.
  • Ray of Frost is a gigantic dps lost. It doesn't create icicles. It doesn't buff icicles. It doesn't make Glacial Spike do more damage. It doesn't make you cast more Glacial Spike. Don't take it with this build.
Tier 2 : Level 30
  • Shimmer is the only talent in this tree possible of DPS gains. I don't recommend it for DPS, but you can manipulate Flurry's shatter window with shimmer to get spells to shatter crit with it. Outside of that, just like every other mage spec Shimmer is the goto talent. Being able to cast while casting is insane value for this ability.
  • Cauterize if you like Cauterize take it. I'm not a fan. May be worthwhile on Cenarius. Glacial Spike on Cenarius can easily kill you.
  • Cold Snap if you like it take it. I don't see a point for it.
Tier 3 : Level 45
  • Mirror Image is a dps lost and only use I'm aware of is threat drop.
  • Rune of Power is the goto talent and probably performs better than the SimC profile expects.
  • Incanter's Flow is a dps loss, but can be a worthwhile talent on heavy movement fights. (approximately ~2% dps loss from an unoptimized Rune of Power Profile)
Tier 4 : Level 60
  • Ice Nova is a dps loss, and doesn't provide a strong utility.
  • Frozen Touch is a dps loss, we don't cast Ice Lance often enough for it to be good.
  • Splitting Ice is the goto talent. It increase Icicle damage (good) and it allows Glacial Spike to cleave (great)
Tier 5 : Level 75
  • Ice Floes is the goto talent. Movement good.
  • Ring of Frost nope.
  • Ice Ward nope.
Tier 6 : Level 90
  • Frost Bomb is a dps loss. You do not cast Ice Lance enough for this to be a dps increase.
  • Unstable Magic is a crappy talent, but it's a dps increase and is passive.
  • Arctic Gale is the talent to be used with 3+ talents or if you have Flurry Belt (I think, haven't simmed it with flurry belt)
Tier 7 : Level 100
  • Thermal Void is not the ability in the title.
  • Glacial Spike is big dick dps.
  • Comet Storm is not the ability in the title.
Ability Priority List
NOTE: this is ripped directly from the SimC profile, it is probably not the most optimized Ability Priority List
  • Icy Veins on Cooldown with a Rune of Power
  • Rune of Power needs to be cast as much as possible, but you specifically want to line it up with Icy Veins and Bloodlust
  • If you took Mirror Image cast it on Cooldown
  • Blizzard if you have the Zann'esu Journey Belt and the buff is at 5 stacks It is currently not worth blizzarding even with the legendary, or so it appears.
  • Flurry if Brain Freeze Procs outside of Rune of Power
  • Frozen Orb on Cooldown outside of Rune of Power
  • Ice Lance if and only if you have greater than 1 stack of Chain Reaction (Artifact Trait buff) and a Fingers of Frost Proc (or right after a Flurry)
  • Glacial Spike when available (preferably within Rune of Power)
  • Frostbolt
Suggested Generic Stats
  • Mastery has shown to be the stronger overall stat for this spec
    Crit has shown to be the second strongest stat for this spec
    Vers, Int and Haste are fairly equal.
NOTE: In an older idea of the empowering Icicles to do more damage spec there was a consistent ratio where Frostbolt and Icicle damage benefited between lots of Mastery and some Crit.
NOTE: There are extremely strange thresholds for stats. Always sim your self for your own stat priority

Artifact Traits
13 Traits
Spoiler:
21 Traits
Spoiler:
26 Traits
Spoiler:
31 Traits
Spoiler:
Max Traits
Spoiler:

Note: as of December 15th this path is probably not the best list overall, and on ptr this may also change as well. Please consult Mage Discord for advice if you need it
SimC Profile
Mastery Build
Pastebin : http://pastebin.com/8dy37Nzc

Code: Select all

mage="Mastery_GS_T19M_HF" level=110 race=dwarf role=spell position=back talents=2123122 artifact=53:142186:133070:142186:0:783:1:784:6:785:3:786:3:787:3:788:3:789:3:791:3:792:3:793:1:794:1:795:1:796:1:797:1:798:1:1296:1 spec=frost # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=flask_of_the_whispered_pact actions.precombat+=/food,type=nightborne_delicacy_platter actions.precombat+=/augmentation,type=defiled actions.precombat+=/water_elemental actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power actions.precombat+=/frostbolt # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=(time=0&buff.bloodlust.down)|(buff.bloodlust.down&equipped.132410) actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions+=/flurry,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&prev_gcd.frostbolt actions+=/blizzard,if=buff.zannesu_journey.stack>4|buff.zannesu_journey.remains<cast_time+1&equipped.133970 actions+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>0&buff.chain_reaction.react>2&(equipped.138140|equipped.132411) actions+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>0&buff.chain_reaction.react>1&buff.rune_of_power.down actions+=/frozen_orb,if=buff.rune_of_power.down actions+=/glacial_spike #actions+=/frozen_orb actions+=/frostbolt actions.cooldowns=rune_of_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<cast_time|charges_fractional>1.7&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>38|buff.icy_veins.up|target.time_to_die.remains+5<charges_fractional*22 actions.cooldowns+=/icy_veins,if=buff.icy_veins.down actions.cooldowns+=/mirror_image actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=neck actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2 actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<5 head=hood_of_darkened_visions,id=139189,bonus_id=1806 neck=sorcerous_shadowruby_pendant,id=130233,bonus_id=1758/689/601/669,stats=1300mastery_500crit,gems=150mastery,enchant=mark_of_the_hidden_satyr,ilevel=855 shoulders=ancient_dreamwoven_mantle,id=139191,bonus_id=1502/1807 back=gossamer-spun_greatcloak,id=138221,bonus_id=1502,enchant=binding_of_intellect chest=maddening_robe_of_secrets,id=139193,bonus_id=1806 wrists=ragged_fur_wristwraps,id=139196,bonus_id=1806 hands=oiled_riggers_handwraps,id=142429,bonus_id=1502 waist=cinch_of_light,id=142411,bonus_id=3469 legs=ragged_horrorweave_leggings,id=139190,bonus_id=1806 feet=crimson_woollined_slippers,id=139195,bonus_id=1806 finger1=mindrend_band,id=138220,bonus_id=1806,enchant=binding_of_mastery finger2=shard_of_the_exodar,gems=150mastery,id=132410,enchant_id=5429 trinket1=,id=141482,bonus_id=1492 trinket2=,id=142166 main_hand=ebonchill,id=128862,ilevel=906
If you wish to sim yourself please take either profile and replace the gear in the profile with your gear.

Suggested Trinkets
Above is a trinket sim done by user Rikx
Int/Mastery or Stat stick trinket seem to be really strong with this build. But as you can see trinkets like Spiked Tongue can be at times good. Please always sim to confirm if a trinket is an upgraded.

Suggested Legendaries

Potions
You will use Potion of Prolonged Power. Not enough actions to make the most out of Deadly Grace.

Profile Sim Damage comparisons with TV Frost

PTR 7.1.5 and what that means for GS Frost
So let's start of with the big question. Is GS Frost viable on PTR? The answer: It has a large delta than it does currently with Thermal Void frost in Sims. As for actual parses I'm not certain. TV Frost doesn't parse it's sim dps. Which means the luckiest of lucky people aren't really meeting sim expectations consistently. GS Frost isn't meeting the Sim Maximums but Lucky individuals are definitely meeting the averages from SimC. [NOTE: this info is based on pre-ptr parses etc]. GS hasn't been 'gutted' or anything extreme. It's simply less potent. But it's always been the less optimal build as it was. There are more PTR 715 builds to go as of this writing, but I don't think it's going to get stronger. With that said, Paragon points should greatly assist GS more than TV due to double dipping, but I'm not sure it's comparatively enough. As stated when the post was created, if you choose to play and gear for GS Frost you are doing so at your own risk.

Changelog

12/15/16 0252 EST : Updated post with information found since november as well as ptr notes 11/5/16 1639 EST : Updated charts 11/5/16 1534 EST : Updated Talent section with new APL finds. 11/5/16 1515 EST : Updated Mastery APL with Hellfreeze's apl 11/3/16 1918 EST : Updates Sugessted Stats section to reflect there is no hardlined Ratios between Mastery and Crit that have been mathed out with GS Spec. 11/3/16 1732 EST : Gussied up the APLs so that they're easier to switch gear with the addon output. 11/3/16 1725 EST : Updated Artifact Trait Path for better optimization 11/3/16 1544 EST : Updated DPS Comparison charts, Frost T19M was using Shard instead of Gloves for the legendary 11/3/16 1443 EST : Modified apl to add in Ice Lances for Frost Wrists and Icy Veins Gloves as well as added Legendary Comparison Chart 11/3/16 1404 EST : Added DPS Comparison sim 11/3/16 1315 EST : Added Potions and Artifact Traits section 11/3/16 1255 EST : remove Ice Lance at 3 CR stacks, is not a dps increase overall. 11/3/16 1307 EST : NOTE ON ABOVE CHANGE [ice lance changes very little] 11/3/16 1138 EST : Initial release
Last edited by Potaetoe on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Wiccan

Re: Glacial Spike T19M Profile and Spec Explanation

Unread postby Wiccan Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:21 pm

Good job putting this guide together.

Hows the damage output compared to standard TV build?
Woke

Unread postby Woke Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:47 pm

Have you attempted to alter the APL to cast FoF ice lances when you have 3 stacks of Chain Reaction on 1 target fights? What about on 2 target fights?

Just curious what that would look like
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Yes, it was in the original post. If you check the changelog, I posted when we removed it. It's not a dps increase on ST. It's probably a DPS increase on 2T.

I am not rerunning sims for MT as I stated at the top of the post.
Wiccan

Unread postby Wiccan Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Humm. Its pretty close to TV.
Thisgame

Unread postby Thisgame Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:49 pm

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/1 ... spec=Frost" target="_blank

Literally one parse in the top 20 for both which are the closest to Patchwerk that exist at this time. One Xavius parse which is subpar compared to any other spec which could be played in its place is not "OP". If anything, it will be nerfed because it ignores core Frost abilities as part of its rotation.
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Literally one parse in the top 20 for both which are the closest to Patchwerk that exist at this time. One Xavius parse which is subpar compared to any other spec which could be played in its place is not "OP". If anything, it will be nerfed because it ignores core Frost abilities as part of its rotation.
Also, the Xavius parses are just abusing the fact that Glacial Spike double dips on damage buffs.

40M Glacial Spike is funny, though. See https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Qj ... e&source=7" target="_blank
Rikx

Unread postby Rikx Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:46 pm

For what it's worth, when I ran sims Lonely Winter was only a notable dps loss when you had It's Cold Outside artifact trait.

Considering the low amount of damage from sims It's Cold Outside gave for this gloriously braindead spec, I'm personally leaving that gold trait for last. Both Black Ice and Chilled to the Core gave stronger results.
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:26 pm

For what it's worth, when I ran sims Lonely Winter was only a notable dps loss when you had It's Cold Outside artifact trait.

Considering the low amount of damage from sims It's Cold Outside gave for this gloriously braindead spec, I'm personally leaving that gold trait for last. Both Black Ice and Chilled to the Core gave stronger results.
I've actually just updated the Artifact Trait section to reflect that. Talent's I'm still not going to recommend LW because ultimately you won't use LW.
Vexim

Unread postby Vexim Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:41 am

If it doesn't get nerfed soon, it probably will do come NH. Everything in there has mastery on it, NH gear is basically heaven for this spec. lol
brookes

Unread postby brookes Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:01 am

Hello just tested this build on dummy and i have some results:
878 ilvl
haste 3 000
crit 33
mastery 9000
no time warp, no food/flask
opener: Flurry ROP ICY VEINS Frostbolt
3 min dps fight=final dps 300-320k dps
very similar results lonely winter/bone chill
biggest Glacial spike crit : 5,4M

Lonely winter vs Bonechill

With lonely winter i had bigger glacial spikes but the dps looked very crit-depend, so final results were jumping 290-350k.
With Bone chill dps looked more consintend in a mid range- 320k

Haste:
I equiped haste gear up to 6000 and I found haste very waste stat. spamming low no-crit frostbolts, with low mastery mitigation= low dps. Anyway there will be some hastecap (1500-2500 maybe) for catching some frostbolts+glacial in one ROP.

I tried use ice lances only on 3 stacks bonus buff proc from crit frostbolt in this rotation- not bad. (anyway watching FoF wasting is annoying:D)
ROP:
I found as better value to stacks frostbols in ROP as priority then "Glacial spike in ROP" dont know how Blizzard math works in this but Glacial spike results were very similar in and out of rune.

Infernal Writ:= amazing

Brain freeze
I dont know why but on dummy my Glacial spike allways land first before Flurry:( so it didnt land to shatter. So tried to use Flurry to crit frostbolts for bigger Shards instead.
Final conclusion:
1)This build looks very Glacial spikes crit depend but its fun.

3) So many 900k Glacial spike low hits in off cooldowns+no Flurry procs+nocrit frostbolts.- In this situation- DPS is dropping hard from 450k down to 300k until next Icy veins
3)ideal stat crit/haste/mastery ratio? maybe 33/3000/max, maybe max/1500/3000 need to test more:(
4) This could be amazing build with 3 Icy veins relics
5) Items I think Crit-mastery items are Bis in this build, but prefer main stat crit, because too low crit chance makes so few glacial spikes no crit and dps lose
Thanx for read sorry for my bad english. I really want to switch from my 360k dps fire mage to this, just waiting for better results and tips:)
Last edited by brookes on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herpyderpidy

Unread postby herpyderpidy Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:46 am

Quick question just to make sure, do you ever use Ice Lance and Ebonbolt or Frostbolt is simply better than actually using your finger of frost procs ?
brookes

Unread postby brookes Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:12 pm

I think Ebonbolt nocrit is not waste at all, and ebonbolt crit is dps boost. Just trying to cast it when ROP on CD, because frostbolts in ROP are more value.
Ice lance: only with 2-3 buff stacks from frostbolt crit (Chain reaction)
I also think Ice lances will be dps waste when u go about 45+ crit chance+ huge mastery
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:13 am

So some responses to things I may be able to answer to help others put things in perspective:

1) Nighthold itemization is almost certainly not complete and in that same vain, Tier Set Bonuses are subject to change. With that said, If GS lasts that long it will almost certainly take no Tier Pieces unless the stats are just worth it.

2) GS flurry interactions specifically depends on when flurry hits. If you can flurry -> Shimmer -> GS in time you can actually try to get it to shatter, or if GS is way slower in terms of travel time. AFAIK, this isn't something people should try to optimize.

3) Glacial Spike is the largest margins of any Mage Spec I'm aware of. That means RNG can screw you, or bless you. The reason Mastery is a strong stat is because it will consistently increase the baseline damage. The reason Crit is a strong stat is because it will drag the DPS for each iterations really far to the right as time goes on.

4) There is no definitive Crit/Mastery/Haste ratio. I had that in my notes based on an idea of one of the staff had for a pure frostbolt spam idea in 7.0 and a trend I saw with the current APL. However no ratio has been mathed out. If someone wishes to do so, that's great.

5) Ice Lancing at 3 Chain Reaction Procs and right after Flurry will be a DPS increase for 2 Target and will be slightly negative dps for ST at max artifact and optimized gear. The issue is simpled Damage Per Execution Time. This build works under the idea that every ability used will have insane DPET. That's why Frozen Orb is casted on cooldown.

6) The idea that Crit should be the main stack is to increase the double-dipping GS does. GS = 250k + Icicle Damage, Icicle Damage = .18 * Frostbolt Damage. Frostbolt Damage and GS damage can both crit. So if Frostbolt crits, and then GS crits, you just did more damage. So the amount of crit you would probably need to make it strong than Icicle would need to be insane. Not only that sacrificing Mastery for crit will reduce the size of each Icicle. The gear provided makes each icicle worth 101% of the Frostbolt Damage. Effectively making Glacial Spike worth 5 Frostbolts + 250k damage + the chance to crit.

7) Icy Veins relics wouldn't be super strong at this high of mastery. 3 Frostbolt relics would equal a consistent 20% damage where as Icy Veins relics would allow a chance % to increase IV uptime. Which is realy strong for consistent dps builds like Thermal Void.

8) You would use Ice lance if and only if you have the wrist legendary or glove legendary. Even then I've only simmed them with using Ice Lance after flurry with 3 Chain Reaction stacks.

9) Ebonbolt is not a dps increase. But it is insanely high DPET. So there may be a point where ebonbolt is worth. But the issue is more time not frostbolting, creating icicles, creating glacial spikes the less damage that typically comes out. It appears if it's not an instant with super high DPET it's not worth casting.
brookes

Unread postby brookes Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:02 am

Potatoe :thx for tips.

My Another day hugging The dummy in classhall:

1)Flurry after GS never land first, with shimmer only sometimes and its really hard move+waste of deffensive CD. So i cant really on allways shater GS.
2) GS no-crits are very crappy, When you go lucky with 15 crit chance/9000 mastery you can go out from icy veins with nice 800k dps, otherwise you can finish 2 minutes fight with 38 crit chance like: 10 GS (9hits) (1crit) =280k dps.
3) still not sure in: lonely winter/ Bonechill choice

small conclusion: When you finish fight with at least 40 percent GS crits it can be similar to fire, otherwise its crap:/
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:30 pm

Potatoe :thx for tips.

My Another day hugging The dummy in classhall:

1)Flurry after GS never land first, with shimmer only sometimes and its really hard move+waste of deffensive CD. So i cant really on allways shater GS.
2) GS no-crits are very crappy, When you go lucky with 15 crit chance/9000 mastery you can go out from icy veins with nice 800k dps, otherwise you can finish 2 minutes fight with 38 crit chance like: 10 GS (9hits) (1crit) =280k dps.
3) still not sure in: lonely winter/ Bonechill choice

small conclusion: When you finish fight with at least 40 percent GS crits it can be similar to fire, otherwise its crap:/
1) You shouldn't attempt to game Flurry -> Gs as stated previously.

2) Yes the spec has some of the highest margins for a mage. It's the overall consistency over thousands of iterations that gives its dps.

3) Bonechill is the choice. Once you get It's Cold Outside, Lonely Winter is a dps loss.
hellfreeze

Unread postby hellfreeze Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:08 pm

I went through and optimized the APL, also got rid of Frozen Orb because we already have too many spells to cast with this build.

300s, 20%, 500k iterations:

mage="Mastery_GS_T19M" level=110 race=dwarf role=spell position=back talents=3123122 artifact=53:142186:133070:142186:0:783:1:784:6:785:3:786:3:787:3:788:3:789:3:791:3:792:3:793:1:794:1:795:1:796:1:797:1:798:1:1296:1 spec=frost # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=flask_of_the_whispered_pact actions.precombat+=/food,type=nightborne_delicacy_platter actions.precombat+=/augmentation,type=defiled actions.precombat+=/water_elemental actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power actions.precombat+=/ebonbolt # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=(time=0&buff.bloodlust.down)|(buff.bloodlust.down&equipped.132410) actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions+=/blizzard,if=(buff.zannesu_journey.stack>4|buff.zannesu_journey.remains<cast_time+1)&equipped.133970 actions+=/flurry,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&prev_gcd.frostbolt actions+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>0&buff.chain_reaction.react>2&(equipped.138140|equipped.132411) actions+=/frozen_orb actions+=/glacial_spike actions+=/frostbolt actions.cooldowns=rune_of_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<cast_time|charges_fractional>1.9&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>10|buff.icy_veins.up|target.time_to_die.remains+5<charges_fractional*10 actions.cooldowns+=/icy_veins,if=buff.icy_veins.down actions.cooldowns+=/mirror_image actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=neck actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2 actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power head=hood_of_darkened_visions,id=139189,bonus_id=1806 neck=sorcerous_shadowruby_pendant,id=130233,bonus_id=1758/689/601/669,stats=1300mastery_500crit,gems=150mastery,enchant=mark_of_the_hidden_satyr,ilevel=855 shoulders=ancient_dreamwoven_mantle,id=139191,bonus_id=1502/1807 back=gossamer-spun_greatcloak,id=138221,bonus_id=1502,enchant=binding_of_intellect chest=maddening_robe_of_secrets,id=139193,bonus_id=1806 wrists=ragged_fur_wristwraps,id=139196,bonus_id=1806 hands=oiled_riggers_handwraps,id=142429,bonus_id=1502 waist=cinch_of_light,id=142411,bonus_id=3469 legs=ragged_horrorweave_leggings,id=139190,bonus_id=1806 feet=crimson_woollined_slippers,id=139195,bonus_id=1806 finger1=mindrend_band,id=138220,bonus_id=1806,enchant=binding_of_mastery finger2=shard_of_the_exodar,gems=150mastery,id=132410,enchant_id=5429 #finger2=shadowruby_band,id=136713,bonus_id=670/1703,stats=2601mastery,gems=150mastery,enchant=binding_of_mastery trinket1=,id=141482,bonus_id=1492 trinket2=,id=142166 main_hand=ebonchill,id=128862,ilevel=906 copy="no_legendary" finger2=shadowruby_band,id=136713,bonus_id=670/1703,gems=150mastery,enchant=binding_of_mastery copy="NoWorldboss_drop" finger2=shard_of_the_exodar,gems=150mastery,id=132410,enchant_id=5429 trinket1=,id=137349,bonus_id=1517 copy="NoLegendary_NoWorldboss" finger2=shadowruby_band,id=136713,bonus_id=670/1703,gems=150mastery,enchant=binding_of_mastery trinket1=,id=137349,bonus_id=1517 ############################## # # ############################## mage="Mastery_GS_T19M_Hellfreeze" level=110 race=dwarf role=spell position=back talents=3123122 artifact=53:142186:133070:142186:0:783:1:784:6:785:3:786:3:787:3:788:3:789:3:791:3:792:3:793:1:794:1:795:1:796:1:797:1:798:1:1296:1 spec=frost # This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character. # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable, # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps. # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs. # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists. # Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only. actions.precombat=flask,type=flask_of_the_whispered_pact actions.precombat+=/food,type=nightborne_delicacy_platter actions.precombat+=/augmentation,type=defiled actions.precombat+=/water_elemental actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats actions.precombat+=/mirror_image actions.precombat+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power actions.precombat+=/frostbolt # Executed every time the actor is available. actions=counterspell,if=target.debuff.casting.react actions+=/time_warp,if=(time=0&buff.bloodlust.down)|(buff.bloodlust.down&equipped.132410) actions+=/call_action_list,name=cooldowns actions+=/flurry,if=buff.brain_freeze.react&prev_gcd.frostbolt actions+=/blizzard,if=buff.zannesu_journey.stack>4|buff.zannesu_journey.remains<cast_time+1&equipped.133970 actions+=/ice_lance,if=buff.fingers_of_frost.react>0&buff.chain_reaction.react>2&(equipped.138140|equipped.132411) actions+=/glacial_spike #actions+=/frozen_orb actions+=/frostbolt actions.cooldowns=rune_of_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<cast_time|charges_fractional>1.7&cooldown.icy_veins.remains>38|buff.icy_veins.up|target.time_to_die.remains+5<charges_fractional*22 actions.cooldowns+=/icy_veins,if=buff.icy_veins.down actions.cooldowns+=/mirror_image actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=neck actions.cooldowns+=/use_item,slot=trinket2 actions.cooldowns+=/blood_fury actions.cooldowns+=/berserking actions.cooldowns+=/arcane_torrent actions.cooldowns+=/potion,name=potion_of_prolonged_power,if=cooldown.icy_veins.remains<5 head=hood_of_darkened_visions,id=139189,bonus_id=1806 neck=sorcerous_shadowruby_pendant,id=130233,bonus_id=1758/689/601/669,stats=1300mastery_500crit,gems=150mastery,enchant=mark_of_the_hidden_satyr,ilevel=855 shoulders=ancient_dreamwoven_mantle,id=139191,bonus_id=1502/1807 back=gossamer-spun_greatcloak,id=138221,bonus_id=1502,enchant=binding_of_intellect chest=maddening_robe_of_secrets,id=139193,bonus_id=1806 wrists=ragged_fur_wristwraps,id=139196,bonus_id=1806 hands=oiled_riggers_handwraps,id=142429,bonus_id=1502 waist=cinch_of_light,id=142411,bonus_id=3469 legs=ragged_horrorweave_leggings,id=139190,bonus_id=1806 feet=crimson_woollined_slippers,id=139195,bonus_id=1806 finger1=mindrend_band,id=138220,bonus_id=1806,enchant=binding_of_mastery finger2=shard_of_the_exodar,gems=150mastery,id=132410,enchant_id=5429 trinket1=,id=141482,bonus_id=1492 trinket2=,id=142166 main_hand=ebonchill,id=128862,ilevel=906 copy="no_legendary_Hellfreeze" finger2=shadowruby_band,id=136713,bonus_id=670/1703,gems=150mastery,enchant=binding_of_mastery copy="NoWorldboss_Hellfreeze" finger2=shard_of_the_exodar,gems=150mastery,id=132410,enchant_id=5429 trinket1=,id=137349,bonus_id=1517 copy="NoLegend_NoWorldboss_Hellfreeze" finger2=shadowruby_band,id=136713,bonus_id=670/1703,gems=150mastery,enchant=binding_of_mastery trinket1=,id=137349,bonus_id=1517
hellfreeze

Unread postby hellfreeze Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:21 pm

The Rotation was still too hard, so I got rid of the water elemental:

hellfreeze

Unread postby hellfreeze Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Syncing BL with second IV:

actions+=/time_warp,if=time=0&buff.bloodlust.down)|buff.bloodlust.down&equipped.132410&cooldown.icy_veins.remains<10)
Potaetoe

Unread postby Potaetoe Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:46 pm

These changes have been pushed to the post. Please note, hellfreeze has an Arcanocrystal in the profile. In keeping up with SimC Profile rules I removed it for the profile in the main post.

Return to “Frost”