Glacial Eruption Underpowered

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
Khaladryel

Glacial Eruption Underpowered

Unread postby Khaladryel Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi,

I just unlocked Glacial Eruption. After some testing on the class hall boss dummy I can say that its pretty useless. After 176 Millions of damage to the dummy, Glacial Eruption has done 3.7 of those. It either needs a buff or a change for another trait. Its a golden trait that does nothing. Maybe on dungeons and pulls between bosses will be great, but for bosses its pretty much nothing.
subtlexgaming

Re: Glacial Eruption Underpowered

Unread postby subtlexgaming Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:44 pm

What were your numbers per hit? With pre-pot + IV up, mine was hitting for 800k and 666k without buffs. I think this gold tier talent isn't meant to be a huge ST bonus, rather a minor passive dps increase with more of a small buff to our aoe capabilities in dungeons etc. I got mine last night and passed out, but I want to know how much total dmg it would account for in a M+. If someone tests this before me, please provide some info. Thanks!
kamui

Unread postby kamui Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:22 pm

That's over two percent of your damage and it's definitely intended to be around that amount. Your expectations seem too high for golden traits; some specs don't even have the luxury of having a decent new throughput golden trait. Arcane's is 100% useless on single target.

Keep in mind that Ebonchill is one of the best artifacts when it comes to throughput traits. The fact that the new golden trait even gives a 2%+ damage increase is something that some take for granted. It's already on par with another golden trait (Black Ice) for Thermal Void
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 am

I think 2% is a solid value for a trait. not too much, not too little
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:29 am

I think 2% is a solid value for a trait. not too much, not too little
Agreed. There might be some added value if you have a DK tank, has anyone tried if that works?
Dyalia

Unread postby Dyalia Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:41 am

They should just increase the radius to 5 or even 8 yards
Syxx

Unread postby Syxx Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am

The radius must be increased, at least a little.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 am

The radius must be increased, at least a little.
Glacial Eruption is basically on a 1 minute cooldown, so I would say if they bump it to at least Flamestrike level would be reasonable. Once a minute to drop a big dmg bomb can help our aoe.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Texhex

Unread postby Texhex Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 am

Glacial Eruption (Artifact trait) damage increased by 20%.
April 10th Hotfix

At least simwise the damage from it in ST now increases von 1,7% to around 2%. at least its something :)
other classes golden trait (like the DH one) is much better like in the 4% area, but ours at least has abit aoe potential and as long as they balance classes around having all traits then the gain from a trait shouldnt matter.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 am

I do wish they would also increase the size a bit, so we can reliably hit stacked bosses/adds - if for example you can clip all 3 adds on Guldan HC phase 1 that would be sufficient.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:12 am

as long as they balance classes around having all traits then the gain from a trait shouldnt matter.
Not going to happen=)
Recently saw that Ice Time (supposedly aoe) gives <3% dmg per m+ run, while Zhannesu - 10%. So, what balance are you talking about?
Texhex

Unread postby Texhex Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 pm

i was just refering to trait balancing. That comparing the impact of a single golden trait doesnt matter that much as long as overall balancing of the classes is fine.

eg smaller gain from the golden but higher gain from the additional +3 -> +4 traits would balance it out.
yes the glacial erruption trait is weak compared to other golden traits, thats why it got buffed, and yes it might still be weak, but our +3 traits are really strong and interact with each other (like higher brainfreeze proc chance means more frostbolt crits means more benefit from icyveins cd reduction trait and more icelances because of more flurry's which benefit from icelance crit damage trait).

we all know, taht our Aoe Legendaries are useless and that even in aoe fights its better to take the ST legendaries, but thats another issue.
Amerika

Unread postby Amerika Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:11 am

im posting here just to say:
Im completely happy with the damage this ability does, i feel it needs no more damage buffs and maybe never even needed one. That said, holy shit i wish this was a larger than 3 yard aoe. Having one extra aoe ability would be nice.
Emmeh

Unread postby Emmeh Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:45 am

Im more annoyed over the delay of it. More times than I can count mobs move before it errupts.
Don't trust anything that bleeds for one week and doesn't die.
Eyliria

Unread postby Eyliria Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Im more annoyed over the delay of it. More times than I can count mobs move before it errupts.
You bring up a great point. We tend to use Ebonbolt as the opener, which is when mob movement is at its peak, and it's absolutely brutal how things will have moved away from it on the pull.

I'm not sure which would be the best solution, to have it trigger fast, or to have it trigger on the target that it hit, I suppose it being an 'eruption', it makes sense it should be anchored to the ground... but yeah, it's very slow...

Return to “Frost”