M+ Talent Quetion

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
FunnyGuy

M+ Talent Quetion

Unread postby FunnyGuy Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey guys ,

with the 7.2.5 changes and new tier set i am wondering what talents you pick for m+ .

I really dont like GS i mean , i already hate it to cast Blizzard on CD (its so annyoing it must be an instant cast) , but then additional GS like even more casts, i will cast myself to death.

So what about using Bone chilling and Comet storm?

Then i can go like this most of the times --> Frozen Orb --Blizzard --- A couple Ice Lances --- Comet Storm with PEt freeze --> Ice lances ---Blizzard

When i think about its awesome all instant casts and all fit into frozen orb window.

What do you think ?
nirdana

Re: M+ Talent Quetion

Unread postby nirdana Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:13 pm

The problem with frost is that you bring that class to the dungeon due to longer fights. If you want to run low mythic+, arcane is much better for that. In higher dungeons you need stronger ST and cleave that frost can offer with right talents. And taking CmS and bone chilling dont do much dmg on ST boss fights.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Remember that after Wednesday, there is no point in beating low timers anymore or doing low keys - you should be running the key level most appropriate for your gear(which means you arent stomping the dungeon).

In this case, Frost TV provides an excellent 1-1.5m DPS per boss assuming 905ish gear. Your icelance cleave will carry you through fat mobs, orb/blizzard will help you with AOE. But when you have arms warriors and DHs, you arent in the group for amazing AOE - so if you can do like 1.5-2m DPS on big trash packs like MoS, you are fine.

Personally I completely dislike Glacial Spike even tho its fun to slap around 10 mil crits, just feels sluggish with mobs dying randomly, positioning, etc - the trick to managing high keys is that mechanics will always oneshot you, so you HAVE to move for everything. Using anything but Lonely Winter means you need to manage your pet - water jet, freeze, positioning. Or just have fat frostbolt crits without worrying too much.
Streaming Keys RIP Altered-time forum interface
FunnyGuy

Unread postby FunnyGuy Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:59 pm

So for high m+ there is only ugly GS or is TV competitive ?

And what about Fortified weeks , Comet storm still weakest talent ?
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:18 pm

So for high m+ there is only ugly GS or is TV competitive ?

And what about Fortified weeks , Comet storm still weakest talent ?
My personal approach is simple - at higher keys, any mechanic you miss can 1shot you. GS means a LOT of casting with DPS depending on a single cast(GS), TV is mostly dumping lances.

On fortified weeks you cant do big pulls, and TV is best when you are pulling up to 2-3 targets for the most cleaving. My highest GS I ever got was 10.2m, while each of my icelances hit for 2 mil without the cleave. Also you can still double icelance, so you can have your IV up for at least 2-3 big pulls on fortified week.
FunnyGuy

Unread postby FunnyGuy Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm

What Legendaries do you use for trash and boss?

I use like Zannesu+Mags for trash and Archmage+Mags for Boss and then Mags+Shard when i can use an extra hero.
Makz

Unread postby Makz Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm

What Legendaries do you use for trash and boss?

I use like Zannesu+Mags for trash and Archmage+Mags for Boss and then Mags+Shard when i can use an extra hero.
Bracer on always, I only rotate in exodar/shoulders for trash, but I dont have belt nor helm. I will have my 4pc next week and will stick to shoulders for constant orbs.
FunnyGuy

Unread postby FunnyGuy Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:34 pm

well when i look at my overall damage after a m+ dungeon , the frozen orb explosion was like 1-2% and my blizzard damage was like in the top 5 , so i would guess buffing that blizzard with belt is a much better damage gain.
reeka

Unread postby reeka Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:57 am

There is no right or here in talent choices, it depends on your playstyle. For low levels mythic+ CS can be an ok choice since trash die fast anyway, but at high levels, the damage for me was too low to justify taking it over its sisters on that talent row. Now between GS and TV it depends on the instance. GS can be used all the time during the instance i.e. Trash and bosses, as for TV you should use it on trash if there is still long way to the next boss, otherwise it will lose a lot of value in mythic+ and GS will out dps it on the overall dmg. GS has the weakness of long casts and on weeks like volcanic, ull most likely interupt several casts to move away from volcanic which will make GS build lose a lot of value. So in the bottom line there is no "best build" for mythic+ in my opinion, it depends on the instance, difficulty and the affixes for that week.
Also, i personally like winter chill for most instances for several reasons. Mainly, because the pet freez gives 3 stacks of FoF when you freez 3 targets or more which most of the trash in instaces contain of, this can give very high busrt dmg and will compensate for lack of procs from frozen orb in case that happens. This is also very usefull on weeks like explosives where u need to kill those orbs quickly. I can basically solo these orbs on most pulls this way.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on this subject.
FunnyGuy

Unread postby FunnyGuy Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:03 pm

And what Aoe Legendary are you using beside Mags?
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:36 am

Here are my m+ pages - https://www.wowprogress.com/character/u ... ad/Subtlex" target="_blank
https://raider.io/characters/us/kelthuzad/Subtlex" target="_blank

I run LW, IF, SI, AG, GS (maybe TV due to recent glacial spike mechanic change..we'll see)

Basically if you want to do good cleave/aoe dmg you need to spam blizzard and get as many orbs as you can. Between t20 set bonuses you should be pumping out tons of cleave dmg during orb as well as getting orb extremely often. You are lowering orb CD with your flurry procs as well as your freezing rain blizzard casts(2 each orb). Make sure you're using your cooldowns smart. I use icy veins/hero on trash all the time. With the legendary ring there are many situations you can get a hero on trash and still have at least 1 hero up for the next boss.

GS is great for m+ because you get the priority add dmg as well as you are benefiting from the talent the entire dungeon. Not just when IV is up every 2.5-3 mins. Don't let GS effect your playstyle. You still want to spam as many ice lances as u can when u have procs. Just follow the GS priority system as usual.

I stream lots of m+ if you're interested as well as raids. twitch.tv/subtlexgaming

- I run w/ the number 1 brew master in the world and many other top alliance m+ players.
FunnyGuy

Unread postby FunnyGuy Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Here are my m+ pages - https://www.wowprogress.com/character/u ... ad/Subtlex" target="_blank
https://raider.io/characters/us/kelthuzad/Subtlex" target="_blank

I run LW, IF, SI, AG, GS (maybe TV due to recent glacial spike mechanic change..we'll see)

Basically if you want to do good cleave/aoe dmg you need to spam blizzard and get as many orbs as you can. Between t20 set bonuses you should be pumping out tons of cleave dmg during orb as well as getting orb extremely often. You are lowering orb CD with your flurry procs as well as your freezing rain blizzard casts(2 each orb). Make sure you're using your cooldowns smart. I use icy veins/hero on trash all the time. With the legendary ring there are many situations you can get a hero on trash and still have at least 1 hero up for the next boss.

GS is great for m+ because you get the priority add dmg as well as you are benefiting from the talent the entire dungeon. Not just when IV is up every 2.5-3 mins. Don't let GS effect your playstyle. You still want to spam as many ice lances as u can when u have procs. Just follow the GS priority system as usual.

I stream lots of m+ if you're interested as well as raids. twitch.tv/subtlexgaming

- I run w/ the number 1 brew master in the world and many other top alliance m+ players.
Thank you for your input.

Do you cast Blizzard much when not having freezing rain with GS ?

And what kind of legendaries/trinkets do you use for trash/bosses?
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:29 am

You want to take into account how many mobs. If its 2 or more and you don't have procs and orb is on CD its probably worth to hard cast blizzard to lower orb CD. Exodar ring is extremely good, I have multiple gear sets. Try to gauge time between bosses and on low keys most bosses you won't need two hero's. So what you can do is, use a hero(from u or someone else or drums) on boss then save yours for a big trash pack following boss with your cds. If hero is on CD there isn't much reason to have exodar on. So swap gearsets with a keybind to bracers + sephuz or bracers + frost legendary helm. I don't see much value in the belt with how often you are casting blizzard. You rarely getting a blizzard off with 2-3 stacks of buff let alone 5.

Return to “Frost”