SoO gear after pre-patch and affect on SoO

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Ice Lancers of Azeroth.
kjdocs

SoO gear after pre-patch and affect on SoO

Unread postby kjdocs Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:58 pm

I was curious, how will the prepatch affect SoO gear, and how will that affect frost and performance/feel while still running SoO pre wod launch?

I know hit is gone, and they are not putting the new stats on SoO gear. So, anyone played frost on beta in SoO? Or just worked over a dummy in SoO gear?

I'm around 582, and i guess there is no specific BIS, but anyone have any thoughts? Will it feel vastly different? Weaker or stonger?
nathyiel

Re: SoO gear after pre-patch and affect on SoO

Unread postby nathyiel Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:02 pm

You won't change your gear before level 95, if not 98. So pre-patch won't change a things.
But without multistrike on gear, the spec will be a little broken with only 10% chance to proc brain freeze and the 13% from frost armor and raid buff.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
kjdocs

Unread postby kjdocs Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:11 pm

I am asking specifically for level 90, while still running SoO, before launch. Just to clarify.
Mageski

Unread postby Mageski Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:06 pm

I was curious, how will the prepatch affect SoO gear, and how will that affect frost and performance/feel while still running SoO pre wod launch?

I know hit is gone, and they are not putting the new stats on SoO gear. So, anyone played frost on beta in SoO? Or just worked over a dummy in SoO gear?

I'm around 582, and i guess there is no specific BIS, but anyone have any thoughts? Will it feel vastly different? Weaker or stonger?
When I copied my toon to beta it still felt really strong. I wouldn't worry too much. We'll be able to glyph Icy Veins to give us Multistrike so we'll have something to boost our brain freeze generation.
gallamann

Unread postby gallamann Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:56 pm

At 582 I doubt you will see an upgrade till level 100. As for SoO, I suspect that it will receive a considerable "kick in the nuts" as 6.0.x pre-patch release will remove achieves and guaranteed mount from H Garrosh. Also thinking they will want as many people as possible to grab BoA from Garrosh.
Wilderness

Unread postby Wilderness Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:47 pm

At 582 I doubt you will see an upgrade till level 100. As for SoO, I suspect that it will receive a considerable "kick in the nuts" as 6.0.x pre-patch release will remove achieves and guaranteed mount from H Garrosh. Also thinking they will want as many people as possible to grab BoA from Garrosh.
The ahead of the curve achievements are going away with 6.0, however the guaranteed mounts from H Garrosh will stay for Mythic SoO prior to WoD.
Ashamanxx || <Good Talk> || 13/13M
kjdocs

Unread postby kjdocs Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Tried it out on ptr. All my gear that had hit, went to crit. Frost seems pretty good on the surface on the ptr in 583 gear. Burst to about 30k on dummy with opener and level to about 12-15k. 15k - 18k crits on IL.
Mumrit

Unread postby Mumrit Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Here's my character's gear comparison from when I first got into alpha, back at the end of June. I was a bit over hit cap then (hadn't reforged), and I've got more than a few upgrades since then. Just posted for a rough comparison of live -> 6.0
http://imgur.com/4Ftzc1L,FsaN65m#0" target="_blank

Click second image for what my stats became in 6.0

In short:
Haste: ~-2.5%
Crit: ~+0.9%
Mastery: ~-20%
Spirit: +360 (lol reforging :lol: )
Akraen
Staff emeritus

Unread postby Akraen Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:50 pm

You're going to want the highest ilvl KTT you can get and that's about all you can do if frost.

Return to “Frost”