Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Philo

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Philo Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:25 am

Hi everyone, I'm Philo. I'm a long-time warlock main currently on Gnomeregan-US with a mage alt who is contemplating switching to mage for Legion, so is looking to learn more about the ins-and-outs of the class. I'm currently raiding heroic HFC, although I raided mythic/HC up through SoO. I like my guildies and don't necessarily want the schedule change of finding a higher progression guild right now.

Outside of WoW I study evolutionary biology, where I mainly work on the theoretical and mathematical side of the field, and am trying to become an academic. I also love math, philosophy, history, hiking, computers, Magic the Gathering, bad puns, and learning about and appreciating beer.

Looking forward to my time here!
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Philo. I'm a long-time warlock main currently on Gnomeregan-US with a mage alt who is contemplating switching to mage for Legion,
CONTEMPLATING? There is no contemplating, only do!

Mage > Warlock, always!
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Thisgame

Unread postby Thisgame Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm a long-time warlock main currently on Gnomeregan-US with a mage alt who is contemplating switching to mage for Legion
Already made the switch this tier. No regrets.
Curnivore

Unread postby Curnivore Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:29 am

I've been raiding since TBC and lately I tried to be more casual. I was almost about to quit the game but I'm thinking of trying a casual raiding team that now started on a few mythics. This site looks great.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:47 am

Welcome. :)
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Gueridan

Unread postby Gueridan Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Hello friends,

I'm Gueridan, Fire Mage to the bone since i first logged in WoW.
I've found Altered-Time last year and fell in love with it, as a long time lurker I decided it was time to get a bit more involved in this wonderful community.
Thanks again for all the hard work you put in our favourite class.
Cheers.

Guero
Dutchmagoz
Administrator

Unread postby Dutchmagoz Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Hello friends,

I'm Gueridan, Fire Mage to the bone since i first logged in WoW.
I've found Altered-Time last year and fell in love with it, as a long time lurker I decided it was time to get a bit more involved in this wonderful community.
Thanks again for all the hard work you put in our favourite class.
Cheers.

Guero
Glad you wanted to get more involved :). Welcome!
Owner of Altered Time.

Twitch - Twitter - Arcane Guide (AT) - Arcane Guide (IV) - Fire Guide

For any issues with a moderator or the website, send me a PM!
Jelly

Unread postby Jelly Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:21 am

Hey there!

I'm currently raiding harcore as an ele shaman and i just used my pre-purchase 100 boost on a mage. First heard of this forum about 7 minutes ago. It seems like a great place and i can tell you that after just a few minutes of browsing, i can't imagine a better place to learn this class from the start.

I'll dive into the forum right away, but i wouldn't mind if someone experienced sent me a few pointers :D

Glad to be here.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:56 am

Welcome, Jelly!
Twitter
Armory

rhonins

Unread postby rhonins Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:36 am

Hello to everyone:)let's start by saying this is amazing place for veterans mage like me to seek a new knowledge about that powerhouse:)I wish you guys very best and continued to seek on next expansion the true power and knowledge of this amazing class. ;)
Madge

Unread postby Madge Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:10 am

Hi! I'm Madge the Mage! LOL!! I am a gnome frost mage on the Malygos server of WOW!! Please help me!! Any suggestions appreciated!! Be seeing you!! :D
Dalarian

Unread postby Dalarian Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Greetings !

Now that i am officialy in these forums after trolling for several months, here is a taste of who I am (no, not the Goldshire taste)

I am French and 28 years old. Engaged, to be married next year, and living in Zürich. I am an engineer and work for a train builder.

WoW wise : I have been playing since early Vanilla, though i could not commit much at the tome due to intensive school commitments. Was able to go through MC and BWL on a joint account with a friend though. I started my main account in WOTLK, and I must say, this is where the real fun began. I did some serious(not hardcore though) progression in Ulduar, TotC (if you can call that one progression anyway) and ICC.

I played a bit through Cata (barely finished firelands), and a bit at the end of MoP, and was back for WoD.

I am a bit of a Alt-a-Holic, However my main loves are Mage and Feral kitty.

I suck even more at PvP than I do at PvE (which is saying something).

I have not bound all my abilities and i sometimes click (OMG noob).

I am NOT a keyboard turner though.

I discovered this website thanks to Komma appearing on finalboss, and got a lot of tips/tricks from it.

Looking forward to have good discussions about the awesomeness of our class.
dwtmcd

Unread postby dwtmcd Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Older player, almost 50.
Found WoW right before TBC launch and have raided on and off with No Thanks on Firetree much of the past 7 years or so, always on Srig - my main and my mage. Been arcane, frost and fire, mainly frost.

I'm more analytical and preparation oriented than I am skillful so I enjoy the theory-crafting reads here and the max-min approaches to specs, rotations, fights and really value that great players take the time to post and update the guides as the game evolves. I sponge it all up.

Cycling enthusiast (also discovered far too late in life), mostly mountain biking (single track trails not downhill death runs) but also road and some cyclocross - to stay relatively fit.

Our guild is a solid Heroic raiding guild but never, ever hardcore and they let me leave and come back as life dictates -all wonderful, adult folks.

EDIT - also love my alts when I don't have time to dedicate to progression. Have 7 100's and 6 are current with gear, or relatively so. Helps with interest level and perspective on my Mage.

Happy maging!
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm

Happy to have you guys here. Welcome!
Twitter
Armory

Portablez

Unread postby Portablez Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:23 am

Hello

I am Portablez, super cool and friendly and nice gnome Mage in Easy on Aerie Peak! Looking forward to help everyone test mage things in Legion beta. Let's be friends!
http://www.easywow.net" target="_blank | Twitch.tv/Portablezoo | @Portablezu
Hipro

Hipro Reporting In!

Unread postby Hipro Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:27 am

Hello my name is Sean and I play a Blood Elf Arcane Mage on Zuluhed!

I've played since vanilla, however I stopped before BC came out, played during MoP, and just came back before Christmas. I made the switch from Frost to Arcane after getting T18 4-piece and have always loved Arcane, it's what I raided in during MoP. This forum in the past few days since I discovered it has helped me understand the way talents work much better, and now that I have ToSW my DPS is much better at 715 item level and after I get PoF I think I'll be set! However since I just came back less than a month ago I'm only about to start Chapter 4 of my ring.

I lucked into a great guild that raids two nights a week and has a great atmosphere. It's Summation of Kin and we just started Mythic last week and are already 3/13!

So far I have enjoyed my stay here and love all the work everyone puts into about class research and how different items work with each other and so on. You guys are the best and without you I would still be in the dark about a few things (Mainly how Unstable Magic works so well PC and ToSW).

Nice to meet you all!
JamesGoblin

Unread postby JamesGoblin Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Howdy folks!

I'm not playing actively anymore but my "first main" was Mage (of course, it had to be Undead...) back in 2005. I was such a noob - first MMO, no keybinds and whatnot...but I had a helluva fun =)
DeathDefier
Global Moderator

Unread postby DeathDefier Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Welcome to the site! That's cool that you are still keeping up to date with the land of mage even though you aren't playing.
Kujo

Unread postby Kujo Mon May 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Hey All i'm Kujo

I main a Frost Mage, I do heroic raiding in HFC and I am also the GM (Horde) of Ex Inferno on Area 52

By day I am a Mechanical Designer and married with two adult sons and a stupid dog. and this is my first post here, a friend showed me the site this past weekend. 8-)
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 am

Happy to have you join us, Kujo. Welcome.
Twitter
Armory

Return to “General Discussion”