Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Corbeaux

Re: Welcome to AT! Who are you? (Self Intro Thread)

Unread postby Corbeaux Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 am

Hi All,

I am Corbeaux and I play on Icecrown US. I started at release as a mage on Runetotem-EU and recalled it being fun so I am just getting back in to mage after having played a Warlock for most of my time in Wow. With Legion coming up and most of my guild going melee DPS or Warlock I figured I would give mage a try and am liking it so far. I stumbled across AT while searching for mage guides as my Ilevel reaches 650 and I can start queing for LFR.
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:18 am

Welcome to Altered-Time, and congratulations on graduating from being a Warlock.
Twitter
Armory

Issues with a moderator or moderating action? Send me a PM.
Rexx

Unread postby Rexx Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:44 am

Hello there!

I go by Rexx, and would like to say it's a pleasure to be on these forums and see a thriving community of people who enjoy testing out all of the wonky things blizz throws at us every xpac. A bit about myself: irl I study computer programming, and in WoW I'm the recruitment officer for Vulgar on Sargeras US. I've played mage casually for 6 yrs while maining a ret pally, and look forward to the leap into maining mage in Legion!
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Happy to have you, Rexx. Welcome. :)
Twitter
Armory

Tiddlymage

Unread postby Tiddlymage Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:44 pm

Hello. I'm Tiddly and I'm a mage

Been playing ranged since the start of vanilla. Anyone else remember when there were a bazillion hunters and no mages? That's when I swapped toons, started raiding, and I've never looked back.

Played all specs, but I don't enjoy arcane, even though I had to play arcane mage for a whole expac. Been frost for aaaaages - looking forward to setting the world on fire in Legion.

Thanks for all of the ideas I've stolen in the past, and for all the tips I shall steal in the future!

Tidds
Last edited by Tiddlymage on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightbeaver

Unread postby Nightbeaver Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:06 pm

Hey
Nightbeaver here. Raiding with Havoc on EU-Runetotem, but puging mythic with other guilds. Started to play just before MoP and raiding by the end of MoP. I see myself as a casual raider since I normally just raid one day a week, but regardless of that strive for progression and improvement. Arcane Mage by heart, but just turned an alt into fire because of the DPS in pre-patch, see how that goes. My main stays arcane for now but might develop a secondary spec of fire. Also have low level arcane pvp Mage, thought it was best for me to learn from start. Logging and trying to understand what I can improve, searching the web and Facebook for answers when I find anomalies. Have just touched simcraft but I'm really not that advanced

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... r/advanced" target="_blank
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:12 am

Welcome aboard!
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Profion

Unread postby Profion Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 am

Hello all!, im a new mage in the house!
Rinoa
Administrator

Unread postby Rinoa Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:41 am

Welcome! Happy to have you here, Profion.
Twitter
Armory

Mythlos

Unread postby Mythlos Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:34 pm

Hey. This is the first time I'll be playing WoW at the start of an expansion (and I've played since vanilla).Trying to get as much information for my Arcane Mage as possible before release and hopefully be able to contribute myself. See you around!
Covery

Unread postby Covery Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Hello

Im rerolling mage for legion after i have played mainly healer untill now for two reasons :

Actually im a huge fan of simcraft and i was a bit upset that it was almost impossible to find decent sim craft for healer (as it is very difficult to simulate heal)

Healers are very interresting at the begining of tier raid but then as soon as the raid is geared and know the encouters, the job as healer is less and less interresting.. I know that with a DPS i will alway be able to try to destroy my own record or trying to optimize it better using sim craft.

I was playing priest and then spending a lot of time on website howtopriest.com, im glad to find such website with the kind of informations that iam looking for on a dedicated mage website, so thanks for this awesome website !

See you

PS : Sorry for my english, it is not my native langage.
Adimera

Unread postby Adimera Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Hello fellow Mages!

I started playing around one month before Warlords of Draenor was released and rolled a mage.

Icy Veins was not enough information for me so I looked for more in-depth information and found this forum. Since then I lurked around and gatherd knowledge to play at my best. To me it was huge clearing HFC-Mythic at the 14th February this year(Happy Valentine Archi<3).

Now I hope to,maybe,contribute any information I find useful.

English is not my native language so please be gentle :c

See you on the Broken Isles!
Hodragni

Unread postby Hodragni Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:27 am

Hello Everyone! :D

I am Hodragni :twisted: (pronounced Ho-drog-nee) - (Höðr - A Blind god of Darkness and winter, Agni - Rigvedic deity of fire). I am an Undead Mage on the server Thrall and i am currently spec'd as Fire (Frost has been a long time favorite).

A Little bit about myself: I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2005 back in the good ol' vanilla days. My first character was originally a Gnome Mage on the server Dunemaul. I've always been fascinated by mage's and wizardry! Mage's are my go-to class that i play for raiding/pvp. Hoping to learn more and theorize with other mages as the Legion Invasion unfolds!

I am hoping to become a serious raider again since it has been some time (BC/start of WoTlk). I am looking forward to meeting yall and igniting demons right up illidans :o
Calo
Global Moderator

Unread postby Calo Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:00 am

Welcome
Sandrae

Unread postby Sandrae Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Hello everyone!

Sandrae (Tellier is my real alias) from The Raven Council, Defias Brotherhood, reporting in. Been around since early 2005 and I've mained most classes in different iterations but never a mage! This fact combined with changes made to our raiding roster made me reroll my mage 3 days ago.

I am loving fire right now and I'm looking forward to expanding my theoretical knowledge about the class in the weeks to come. Hopefully this is the right place to do so! ;)
Exothermic

Unread postby Exothermic Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Hey there!

My name's Exothermic, and I started playing wow a couple months before TBC, and my first character I made was a mage. I was awful with the squishy character, and died a lot so I switched to shaman and that became my main through TBC. But then in WotLK, I tried DK, and wasn't happy with my shaman anymore either, and came back to mage. It's been my main ever since. I like every spec (I really love mage now), but I expect in Legion I'm going to stick with maining fire. You can find me on Azshara-US.
Calo
Global Moderator

Unread postby Calo Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:59 am

Welcome both of you
Bôw

Unread postby Bôw Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:29 am

Hi all,

I'm Bôw, french mage player, and i'm discovering this website because i'd like to mastering my character.
I've read last post and i have to thank you about the work you did for many of them.
See you soon !

PS : Sorry about my poor english.
Forminasage

Unread postby Forminasage Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:41 am

Forminasage here, long-time lurker, first-time poster.
I've been using Altered-Time as my primary resource for all things Mage since ... well, as long as I can remember. It's high time I actually contributed in some way instead of just sitting back and letting Fire mages take over.

#MakeArcaneGreatAgain
minigavrin

Unread postby minigavrin Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Minigavrin here on Proudmoore server. Been playing WoW since it went live in Nov. 2004. Played every toon but mostly main was tank for years and also played some dps toons. Raided in WoD as Hunter up through heroic HFC. Now rolled Mage in Legion as fire is a blast (pardon the pun) to play. Have a lot to learn so came here to do just that. I appreciate the site!

Return to “General Discussion”