Increase your chance of getting the new legendaries asap?

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Zommoros

Increase your chance of getting the new legendaries asap?

Unread postby Zommoros Mon May 29, 2017 12:38 pm

Greetings fellow mages, a interesting idea poped up when I saw the new fire shoulders.

To cut to the chase, I can not find a response as to what happens to the `hidden` accumulative chance once you obtain the 12/12 currently available legendary per spec, and from that, an idea:

Keep fire loot spec knowing you won't get a single one pre-7.2.5, but abuse the accumulated chance to get one of the new ones asap as they launch? Could that work?

ps: if fire forum is not suitable for this questions mods please move it
Afflik

Re: Increase your chance of getting the new legendaries asap

Unread postby Afflik Mon May 29, 2017 5:21 pm

If you have gotten all the possible Legendaries for a certain spec, and that spec remains your "loot spec" you still have a chance to get a legendary from a different spec.

Our tank had all of the guardian druid leggos and he looted a boomkin legendary the other day while guardian spec.
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Tue May 30, 2017 12:49 am

If you have gotten all the possible Legendaries for a certain spec, and that spec remains your "loot spec" you still have a chance to get a legendary from a different spec.

Our tank had all of the guardian druid leggos and he looted a boomkin legendary the other day while guardian spec.
What?
That doesn't sound right, getting legendaries for other specs (at random) when you have all the spec specific and generic ones was something Blizzard said would be implemented in 7.2.5.

I would imagine he had his loot spec set to Boomkin while playing as guardian.
I've been at 12/12 fire for a while, my loot spec is set to fire, and I haven't had any off-spec legendaries drop.

On the original point, I'm not sure if bad luck protection accumulates when you are maxed out (or even if anyone has any way of knowing) but I'm doing it regardless as I've already got my BiS for other specs anyway.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 pm

i got arcane legs while specced fire with having 12/12.
Dyalia

Unread postby Dyalia Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 am

This. I was actually browsing the web for a specific patch or hotfix note for that, but I couldnt find the exact one, but Im sure I read it somewhere a while ago.
gallamann

Unread postby gallamann Wed May 31, 2017 8:37 pm

OK color me confused, prior to release of 7.2.5 there are 10 fire mage legendary's. Are you all counting crafted here, which have no impact on a legendary drop?

Because otherwise having 12/12 in fire (hell even arcane and frost are currently 10 ea) is not currently possible. Personally just hit 10/10 last nite with Pyrdaz.

As to what I will do till 7.2.5, just try for a frost legendary by setting loot spec to frost.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:12 am

i thought it was 12 with gloves and kiljadens?, if not then whatever the max is, i had all fire legendarys and didn't know if i was gonna play frost or arcane and left my loot spec on fire, then a day after getting fire helm the RNG gods blessed me and i got another leggo, the arcane legs.
Smaiki

Unread postby Smaiki Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:10 pm

So you can loot other spec's legendaries NOW with 7.2 if you got all for the current spec?
Thought this will done just with 7.2.5. Hmmm....
kaqau

Unread postby kaqau Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 pm

That is not how it works until 7.2.5. He lied. Our frost mage has been frost loot spec for over 4 months and has yet to get a legendary cause he has all 10.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:18 am

No i was definitely specced for fire, i was playing as arcane but my loot spec was fire.

maybe that allows you to get both?.
Fleks

Unread postby Fleks Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:14 am

Just keep emisary/supplie chests and nethershards for patch
push your BLP with that after the patch and enjoy
jetbrains

Unread postby jetbrains Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:43 am

"Legendary items that are being added to the game in Patch 7.2.5 will not be obtainable from Relinquished tokens." @WarcraftDevs

I am not sure that I can provide some links here, but u can look this at IcyVeins.
Fleks

Unread postby Fleks Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:47 pm

"Legendary items that are being added to the game in Patch 7.2.5 will not be obtainable from Relinquished tokens." @WarcraftDevs

I am not sure that I can provide some links here, but u can look this at IcyVeins.
Use your brain next time - thanks.
Patch hits, you open your bags to increase bad luck protection (doesnt matter that you cant get new items) then do your content -> you will loot faster compared to not saving chests

Very hard concept am i right?
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:55 am

Use your brain next time - thanks.
Patch hits, you open your bags to increase bad luck protection (doesnt matter that you cant get new items) then do your content -> you will loot faster compared to not saving chests

Very hard concept am i right?
^ This.

My bank is full now :(

Also I'd be pretty pissed if I got something for off-spec and it reset the BLP (Assuming BLP keeps going up before patch)
Mantis

Unread postby Mantis Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 pm

What If I'd have all the legendaries for all specs, would the bags still increase the bad luck protection?
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:41 pm

What If I'd have all the legendaries for all specs, would the bags still increase the bad luck protection?
Come 7.2.5 even if you have all the legendaries for all specs you'll still need to get 4 more(1 cross spec lego and then the 3 spec specific legos). So you're still going to accrue BLP because of the new legos. That's my assumption anyway.
Cooldownslol

Unread postby Cooldownslol Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:15 pm

There's not even 12 fire legendaries, INCLUDING the craftable one at this time... There's currently 10 legendaries that can actually RNG drop for fire at this point in the game. It's hard to take someone seriously when they aren't even close to the actual number (you wouldn't count the craftable leg here because it has no effect on RNG/drop based legendaries...)

Ring x2

Boots

Wrist

Helm

Belt

Gloves

Trinket

Chest

Neck
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:48 am

Yea forgot I went Frost opened 4 recompenses and got the 2 BiS so went back to fire, that's where I was getting 12.
So yes 10, but the actual point stands.
magictricks

Unread postby magictricks Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:28 am

So I got the number wrong, so what?, I just copied the guy above me, I have all fire leggos and thats the thing that matters.
nucrus

Unread postby nucrus Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 pm

I think the real question is do we open all our crap now and get a 940, or wait a week, boycott​ all legendary content and get a 970?

Return to “Fire”