What do you think of the last DPS Ranking on simulationcraft in pre-raid gear?

Anything mage specific not covered by any of the other subforums, like raid instance guides for mages.
Rhuan

What do you think of the last DPS Ranking on simulationcraft in pre-raid gear?

Unread postby Rhuan Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:48 pm

If the memory does not deceive me, it is the first time in 14 years that I see all 3 specs in last position on simulationcraft.
Only 4 days until BfA is released, so the tuning of the classes should be finished.
The only choice that I do not understand of the profiles are the trinkets, which according to the site of bloodmallet are not optimal, but this is not only for mage, but for almost all classes, so the gain they could have with the right trinkets, it would be the same.

I'm a little disappointed
Xzaar

Re: What do you think of the last DPS Ranking on simulationcraft in pre-raid gear?

Unread postby Xzaar Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm not worried. A LOT can happen between now and the opening of raids. The fact that we are at the very bottom of the barrel in every spec almost guarantees that our numbers will be tuned at some point before raids.
Julia

Re: What do you think of the last DPS Ranking on simulationcraft in pre-raid gear?

Unread postby Julia Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 pm

These charts don't really show a accurate representation of what spec is good or bad.

Profiles are unoptimized left and right, some use azerite gear, other's don't. Some APL's aren't even ready.
Tuning is happening, some base traits aren't in, a lot of trinkets aren't in yet.

This chart is not displaying any spec's actual strenght. So best just ignore them and wait. Mage is fine right now.
Gnoma

Unread postby Gnoma Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 am

Is somewhat disappointing when you look and see:
http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html

The upside .. doesn't matter what spec we choose :)
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:19 pm

As i see frost is middle of the pack ?
Julia

Unread postby Julia Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes, frost just jumped up from bottom to middle because some optimization was done. This just adds to my point. Allow me to quote the developers themselves
```The purpose of the spec ranking chart is to provoke a reaction, preferably a really really angry reaction. I want the viewer angry enough to pore through our voluminous data and say: "Hah! You messed up cooldown X!" or "You moron! Your action list is all wrong! You need to use ability Y instead!" I welcome the bile, the (creative) cursing, the ranting and raving, because usually there is kernel of useful information that I can extract to improve our models.

The spec ranking chart has proven to be one of our most important drivers of code quality. It is like waving a red flag in eyes of a rampaging bull. If it means I get trampled from time to time, so be it. That is just the cost of doing business.

SimC devs work for the users that understand that our models live in space between gospel and garbage, but we are not above taking advantage of those that live on extremes to help us in our task...```
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:22 pm

So i see arcane is number one now :( time to learn arcane not that its difficult but borring as fuck

Return to “General Discussion”