Taking crit over vers

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Evilsage

Taking crit over vers

Unread postby Evilsage Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Ive been seeing some fire mages in these forums talking about having 40 to 50% crit when i struggle to only get to 30 when my sim weights keep telling me to get more vers. Did i miss something somewhere and we need stack crit more now or just personal preference. I liked it how it was in legion with stacking cit felt alot better to play. So my question is should i be aiming for like 40 or 50% crit or just stick with vers and mastery like my sims are saying.
Saharez

Re: Taking crit over vers

Unread postby Saharez Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:53 pm

It depends on build.

The strongest (and most difficult) build right now is RoP + Meteor, this build relies on massive amounts of versatility and mastery.
The alternative build, incanter's flow + pyroclasm rewards haste + crit stacking.

I prefere the alternative build personally, it is theoretically weaker, with the upside of being less vulnerable to misplays and poor timing of random movement mechanics.
Bastaardo

Unread postby Bastaardo Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:06 pm

What azerite traits is Best for the alternate build?
Toriankel

Unread postby Toriankel Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:46 am

I use the alternative build with very high success, (in uldir : 49% 11% 15% 4%), the best traits are always the uldir traits, but you can have very good success with stacking blaster master as well if you use it correctly. Everything else is whatever
jeffrybungle

Unread postby jeffrybungle Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Could it be the origin array boosting their crit up. Its hard for crit not to be your best stat as a fire mage with the built in boost it gets so its likely origin is boosting their crit up hugely in uldir.
Devlonir

Unread postby Devlonir Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Could it be the origin array boosting their crit up. Its hard for crit not to be your best stat as a fire mage with the built in boost it gets so its likely origin is boosting their crit up hugely in uldir.
This is a major part. with 10 stacks you basically get 10% more crit, making it easy to get the Legion levels of 50% crit or more. And it is still true that 50-60% crit is a sweet spot for gaining natural hot streaks.

Return to “Fire”