Meteor and Combust usage

Guides and discussions of all things specific to the Pyromaniacs of Azeroth.
Bilbolol

Meteor and Combust usage

Unread postby Bilbolol Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:18 am

A question about meteor and combust usage because they dont line up cd wise. Do I use both on cooldown? Or like meteor combust at 0:00, meteor 0:45, and then do I hold meteor for 2:00 when combust is back up or use it at 1:30 and delay combust for meteor?
Bellafron

Re: Meteor and Combust usage

Unread postby Bellafron Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Always try to line up meteor and combustion when you can!

Also, RoP is a necessity for when casting meteor as well. Never cast a meteor without it!

As for your third scenario, I would hold meteor for combustion unless its a priority target that needs to go down ASAP
MagicEraser

Unread postby MagicEraser Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:52 am

Robomage (the APL) holds meteor if combustion's cooldown is greater than 40 (meaning you would only ever hold combustion for up to 5 seconds).

So I guess you save the third cast.

That honestly feels weird to me though. If you use it at 1:30, you only need to hold combustion for 15 seconds to line the fourth meteor use up with combustion again (and then the cycle repeats).

However if you hold, as the APL does, you're now holding Meteor for 30 seconds. Meaning after only two combustion cycles you've lost a meteor cast.

However to lose a combustion usage when holding combustion instead of meteor, it would take many more cycles (7? 8?) to lose a combustion usage. That's an insane fight length.

Obviously this is pure patchwerk thinking, but I'm assuming I'm missing something and not the super smart sim people who decided 40 seconds was the right number.
Sosaria

Unread postby Sosaria Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:03 am

I just copy other top-ranking fire mages meteor casts in a particular fight I'm studying up on.

Return to “Fire”